Just a little over a year ago Oracle manufactured the first official Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud X2-2 box. There is a lot of hype around Exalogic and in this post I will try to separate that hype from reality and answer the questions about Oracle Exalogic.
- What exactly is Oracle Exalogic?
- Is Oracle Exalogic a true appliance?
- How is Exalogic different from any other x86 server hardware sold by HP, Dell, IBM and others?
- Exalogic is a lot of hardware – can it be virtualized?
- Exalogic is called “Elastic Cloud” by Oracle. What makes it cloud enabled?
- Is Oracle really first to market with the hardware and software engineered system?
- How many customers are using Exalogic today in production?
- How can Oracle claim 2-3X improvement in performance with Exalogic over traditional hardware?
- Is it true that Oracle Exalogic is “Open and Standards Based”, while IBM’s 795 server is proprietary?
- What kind of a solution would you recommend to customers who want to adopt cloud technology today?
- Summary – comparison of IBM System z, Power7 System and Oracle Exalogic
Read full article here: Oracle Exalogic – the emperor has no clothes!.